Thursday, October 31, 2013

Woman walking with her daughter in the Bronx hit by stray bullet

79-year-old Norberta Duval was walking with her 61-year-old daughter, Medina, in the Bronx, about three block from Yankee Stadium.

"We were waiting for the light to change," said Medina. "I heard a shooting but I did not understand what it was. I said 'Mommy, I think you got hit' so I pulled her coat open and saw blood."

Norberta suffers from early-stage Alzheimer's disease and does not remember being shot.

A CT scan at the hospital discovered that the bullet only grazed Norberta.

A surveillance video from a nearby area shows three men talking to a fourth man out of the camera frame. In the course of the video, one of the men pulls out a gun and fires three shots at the fourth man, who is not visible, before jumping into a silver SUV and fleeing the scene.

No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.

No comments: